ALERT!!! SPOILERS BELOW!!!

This blog's main goal is to inform comic book fans who can no longer keep up with the weekly grind about what's going on in the comic book world and to rate the books I read so the occasional buyer can know if they are worth buying. If you read these reviews, you will find out what happens in the storyline. If you just want to see what I thought of the book, just skim down and see how many stars I give each book.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

New Comix! - Week of 5/23/12

Just one comic came home with me this week.



The Mighty Thor #14
I'm catching up on 6 weeks of comic reviews and I actually don't remember much about this issue.  That's not a good thing.  Here's what I DO remember.

Thor has accidentally let a group of monsters loose on Asgardia called the "Mares".  These little alien dog monster guys put you to sleep upon contact and keep you locked in a dream world.  Thor was the first to be trapped in the dream world, but other citizens of Asgardia and nearby Broxton, Oklahoma soon join him.

In the meantime, Dr. Don Blake has gone to the Enchantress to seek her help.  He has realized that he's not real.  He was create by Odin to be a vessel for his son when Thor was sent to earth to learn humility.  Now they are separate (when did this happen?  I have no idea!)  and he has no identity or memories before his college years.  He feels empty and used and wants desperately to be a "god" again.  Enchantress agrees to help him, but knowing her, it won't go as Blake hopes.

Decent artwork, but i'm getting bored with this "mares" story really quick.  Curious to see what happens to Blake.  I would only recommend this issue if you were already buying Thor. It's a filler.  Not bad, but not great.


No comments:

Post a Comment